Saturday, February 16, 2008

Comments on Manali's suggestions on IFAN meeting

I couldn't not post my comments on the blog so I am writing an email
instead. I agree with Mana in that we must seek ways to make the
network valuable to the members. I am not sure how it can be done but
sharing one's interest would be a way forward and eventually we may
find constructive way for members to derive value from this liberal
network. Since this might be the only one of its kind in India, I am
sure there are many activities that are waiting to happening through
it.

My interest in the network is mainly in understanding the importance
of 'Rule of Law' in a free market society. Since I have got an
opportunity to pursue an LL.B degree, I am interested in developing a
strong understanding of the importance of law in a liberal society and
how the some of the current laws are putting impediments to individual
and economic freedom. I particularly curious about property rights and
competition law. I am also keen on critically evaluating
'rights-based' approach to social change. It would very informative to
to know what the great liberal thinkers like Hayek, Mises etc have
said on these issues and also to discuss them in today's context with
other liberals. All this may feed into my interest in free-market
litigation (the kind of work the Institute of Justice does in the US).

I look forward to meeting more people with similar interests at the IFAN.

Regards,
Makarand

1 comment:

Ashraf Ahmed Shaikh said...

Dear Makrand,

Good to know that you are pursuing LL.B Degree Course as I am also final year student of LL.B herein Mumbai. I would like to discuss with you many things on law and yes do come with plan and ideas for our next meet it is good to have discussion on liberal society from the point of law.

Hope to see you soon.

Regards,
Ashraf Ahmed Shaikh
National Coordinator
IFAN
Numbai
+919867855733